View a scenic and varied set of images, all shot while enjoying Colorado on my 2008 Hyosung GT650S motorcycle. A relatively unknown machine in the United States, it is proving to be surprisingly competent and a fine performer.
• From a localized springtime snow.....
to a stop in the park to observe local residents.
• From a pause along a deserted road to photograph an impressive sight in the distance.....
to a springtime ride at an elevation of over 4000 meters.
• From a stop to observe spires in the sky where over a century ago narrow gauge railroad passengers marveled at the same sight.....
to riding a road carved along the side of a glacial cirque.
• From enjoying a ride along a little known secondary road.....
to where the scenery is just as good as the road.
• From a frozen mountain lake.....
to devastated terrain.
• From a surreal landscape of white.....
to a mountain town once famous for its gold mining operations, and whose original 1880's railroad depot is buried under the very mine tailings pile the bike is parked on.
• From a spectacular view across alpine tundra.....
to smoothly arcing around a bend, what a great ride on a beautiful day.
• From a fine view of Colorado mountain colors in autumn.....
to a pristine mountain lake.
• From a mountain valley that stretches out to the eastern plains of Colorado.....
to a rocky ridge sporting the first snow of the season, a sure sign of things to come.
• From a stop along a gravel road where more than 120 years ago miners and construction personnel traveled via rail and horse-drawn wagon.....
to where words such as "spectacular" and "inspiring" just seem to be inadequate in an attempt to describe the view.